In order to help #StopTheSpread of #COVID19 #Coronavirus, residents of LA are now required to wear a face-covering when visiting the majority of essential businesses. If you do not have a face mask, the California Department of Public Health has these guidelines for cloth masks:
- Face coverings can be made out of cloth, be factory-made or hand-sewn, or improvised using bandannas, scarves, T-shirts, sweatshirts or towels.
- The material should cover the nose and mouth.
- Ideally, face coverings should be washed after each use. Dirty masks should be placed in a dedicated laundry bag or bin.
- Use detergent and hot water when washing cloth masks, and dry them on a hot cycle.
- Be sure your mask is comfortable; you don’t want to have to keep adjusting the mask because that means touching your face.
- Wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, before and after touching your face or face coverings.
- If you must re-wear your cloth face covering before washing it, wash your hands immediately after putting it back on and avoid touching your face.
For more information, please visit: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Face-Coverings-Guidance.aspx, or https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-08/coronavirus-los-angeles-mandatory-face-covering-rules