Assemblymember Luz Rivas’s First Week in the Legislature
- Brought her nephews for their first trip to Sacramento and they got to see first-hand how the legislative process works,
- Introduced #AB1845 to establish an Office to End Homelessness,
- Introduced #AB1858, the #CaliforniaYouthEmpowermentAct to create the state’s first youth advisory commission,
- Cast her historic vote to elect Sue Parker as the 1st African-American woman to become the Assembly Chief Clerk and,
- Cast her vote to elect Alissa Buckley as the 1st Asian Pacific Islander woman to serve as the Assembly Chief Sergeants-At-Arms,
- Received the ‘Champion of Justice’ award from California Low-Income Consumer Coalition for helping pass #SB616 which protects Californians from being financially wiped out by aggressive debt collection practices.